We want to make it easy for you to understand what information we collect from you, what we do with it, and how you can request access to this information.
We believe this is a best practice to maintain transparency and trust with our website visitors and clients, and it just so happens that this complies with the laws of many countries around the world, too. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us at here.
Who We Are
Margaux Agency (“Margaux Agency“) operates margauxagency.com and may operate other websites. It is Margaux Agency’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website and any products and services offered herein are not intended for persons under the age of 13. Margaux Agency does not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. Margaux Agency prohibits children under the age of 13 from using all interactive portions of this website, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. Margaux Agency will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If Margaux Agency learns it has any information or content from anyone under the age of 13, it will delete that information.
What Personal Information We Collect and When
We collect information so that we can make our products and services better tailored to the people who visit our site and do business with us. We collect this information to (i) deliver products and services you have purchased from us, (ii) to notify you about our product or service offerings that you may be interested in, so long as you have given us consent to do so, and (iii) to keep track of visitor information to our site and/or-or create retargeted and “lookalike” audiences for advertising purposes.
Information Collected By Us
Margaux Agency may collect, use, and is responsible for certain personal information that you provide when you voluntarily sign up for emails or free gifts, register for a class or presentation, leave comments, order a service or product, fill out any type of form, access private membership pages, or otherwise contact Margaux Agency via an online form or e-mail. The information collected may include your name, email, address, website URL, phone number, and/or billing information. You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to merely access or visit this website.
Margaux Agency’s systems may also automatically gather information about the areas you visit and search terms you use on this website and about the links you may select from within this website to other areas of the Internet.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
We collect information from you directly and indirectly through third-party services, as follows:
When you contact us…
- With questions or comments in the contact form.
- When you comment on a post directly on the website.
- To request more information, schedule a telephone call, or sign up for the newsletter.
- To place an order for products or services.
- To receive your product or services.
When we contact you…
- To provide the goods and services you requested.
- To request occasional feedback.
- To provide news, updates, and offers through the newsletter, usually by email, with a double opt-in consent.
When we contact others…
- We may see certain personal information from third-party apps and services that allow us to complete your order.
- We may see certain personal information from third-party installations that allow us to remarket our services and products to you on other websites.
- We may see certain personal information from third-party apps and services that allow us to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytics data.
- We may see your personal information when we work with third-party processors, like our email provider and web host. For EU residents, please note that this means we may transmit your data across international borders.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We also obtain your name, email, address, website URL, phone number, and/or billing information from third-party providers.
We use third-party services on our websites to assist in communicating or interacting with the public, including social media services, widgets, apps, pixels, and plugins, as further identified below. These services may distinguish or trace your identity, through, for example, persistent, multi-session cookies.
You can configure your system to delete cookies or disable them. In general, we do not collect or disseminate information collected by these services. When interacting with these third parties, their privacy policies apply. As of the time of this writing, we use:
- Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. We do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
- Facebook pixels. More information is available here and here.
- ConvertKit. More information is available here.
- Paypal. More information is available here.
- Stripe. More information is available here.
- WebinarJam. More information is available here.
- LifterLMS. More information is available here.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site. They enable the site to recognize you by, for example, remembering your username, offering a shopping cart, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your Web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or to limit the type of cookies you allow. See also more information on how to change cookies settings in popular desktop browsers.
- This site uses single and multi-session cookies to enhance the visitor experience. Use the link above to opt out.
- This site does not sell or share its email list for use by third parties.
If you choose to opt out of some or all of our data collection, you may not be able to access all features of this website or our services.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We store personal information with third parties that use industry standard practices for data security.
Your Rights to Your Information
You own your personal information and have rights to it. For example, you have the rights to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to market our products and services to you and otherwise use the personal information you have provided to us. Withdrawing consent is easy. Simply click “unsubscribe” in the footer of our emails, or contact us here.
- Request a copy of the information we have about you;
- Be forgotten (that is, have your data deleted and/or ask us to stop using your information for any purpose);
- Correct inaccurate information we have about you (and that means we will notify other service providers we use, and who hold your personal information for us, of those changes as well);
- Object to direct marketing and profiling (for example, we will remove you from our email list and from any list we have uploaded for the purposes of creating custom or retargeted audiences). We also encourage you to disable data collection services on your browser;
- Make complaints about the use of your data to regulatory authorities.
We will comply with these requests within 30 days.
How we use your personal information
Margaux Agency collects such information in order to send emails, fulfill orders, deliver services and products, complete customer transactions, oversee contests and promotions and improve website performance and customer service.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With
Margaux Agency respects your privacy and will never sell, trade or transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties (beyond what is necessary for fulfilling a customer transaction or for the basic functionality of an online service) without your consent.
We do, however, share your name, email and delivery address details) with Doki.io and Stripe (e.g., our third-party suppliers, membership platforms and credit card processors). This data sharing enables them to deliver the courses you ordered directly to you. Those third-party recipients are based outside the European Economic Area — for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see Transfer of your information out of the EEA.
Margaux Agency may release personal information to enforce its Website Terms and Conditions of Use, other Terms, and Conditions, manage its business, protect users or the general public, or to otherwise comply with legal obligations.
If you give Margaux Agency your permission, it may also use personal identification information for internal or external marketing and promotional purposes.
On occasion, Margaux Agency may collect personal identification information from you in connection with optional contests, special offers or promotions. Margaux Agency will share such information with necessary third parties for the purpose of carrying out the contest, special offer or promotion. We will ask for your consent to such disclosure and use of such information, prior to your participation in the contest, special offer or promotion.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why
We do not require you to provide any personal information (e.g., name, address, and contact details) in order to view the information on this website. We will inform you when we collect it whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will hold personal information (e.g., name, address, and contact details) for 6 years.
Margaux Agency collects and uses your personal information for the following lawful bases: to send emails, fulfill orders, deliver services and products, complete customer transactions, oversee contests and promotions and improve website performance and customer service.
Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
This website is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we might share your personal information as explained above are also located in the United States and Canada. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States and Canada. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
These countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to compliance with an approved code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority (as permitted under Article 46(5) – full text here: https://gdpr-info.eu of the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. To obtain a copy of such safeguards, full text here: https://gdpr-info.eu/art-46-gdpr/.
If you would like further information, (see “How to contact us” below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom OR EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under an agreement between two or more countries.
Like most website operators, Margaux Agency collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Margaux Agency’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Margaux Agency’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Margaux Agency may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Margaux Agency also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on margauxagency.com blogs/sites. Margaux Agency only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Margaux Agency’s websites choose to interact with Margaux Agency in ways that require Margaux Agency to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Margaux Agency gathers depend on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at margauxagency.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Margaux Agency are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Margaux Agency collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Margaux Agency. Margaux Agency does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
If you want to unsubscribe from receiving emails from Margaux Agency, you may do so at any time. Each email from Margaux Agency includes instructions for unsubscribing from these email communications.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to the processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise, restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
You may also have the right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ .
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call or write to us
- Provide us enough information to identify you (e.g., name, and email you registered with)
- Provide us proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Provide us with the information to which your request relates
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable authorities of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please note that any comments or information that you post on the website, including the Margaux Agency and social media pages, become public and third parties may use your information. Margaux Agency is not responsible for any unauthorized uses by third parties in such context. You disclose such information at your own risk.
Links to Other Sites
You may see advertising or other content on this website that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors or other third parties. Any products or services reached through a third-party link are subject to separate privacy policies. Margaux Agency is not responsible for or liable for any content on or actions taken by such third-party websites.
Margaux Agency may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Margaux Agency may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Margaux Agency does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Margaux Agency discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Margaux Agency’s behalf or to provide services available at Margaux Agency’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Margaux Agency’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Margaux Agency will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Margaux Agency discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Margaux Agency believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Margaux Agency, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Margaux Agency website and have supplied your email address, Margaux Agency may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Margaux Agency and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Margaux Agency takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Margaux Agency, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Margaux Agency goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of Margaux Agency may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We hope that we can resolve any question or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example audio, large print) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).
We make commercially reasonable efforts to work with data controllers (like our email provider) who guarantee compliance with privacy laws like the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
We store your personal information only for as long as it is needed to use it for the reasons you have consented to.
Updated May 25, 2018